Big Wall Climbing in Paklenica
- from 229 EUR
- 1 day
Big Wall climbing is no joke. We're talking serious now. This one is for the true adventurers only!
Every mountaineer here knows of the stone giant. Anića Kuk is the name he is known for. His 350 meters altitude massive rules the great canyon of Paklenica National Park. It's his face that's been settling down in any climber's dream.
The giant enjoys company and he likes to play. He treats climbers gently, like the children of his own, asking for nothing but respect in return. And climbers too like the game, been playing it for decades now. With each generation the new rules come.
So, he's not so wild anymore. Been bolted all upside down. With more then a hundred routes, his face is something of a playground now, but only for brave and only for strong. The ones eager to play the game of big wall in the greatest temple of them all.
What can I expect on this adventure?
Are you ready for your big wall experience? If you want to take it step by step check our beginner free climbing tour in Paklenica.
What is the schedule?
7:00 Meeting at the park entrance
- After a short intruduction, we'll head toward a parking lot. Acces to all routes in Anića Kuk is approximately 45 to 60 minutes hike from a parking lot.
- Make sure to bring anough water and food (sandwiches, snacks, fruit) for the day.
- ADV provides all the gear and first aid sack, but you might also need some light windstop and a lamp if by any chance dark catches us climbing.
7:30 Accesing the route
- While hiking to acces the crag of Anića Kuk, your guide will be interested in hearing all about your previous climbing experience. Anything you feel to mention, please do.
- Potential problems in performance or cummunication are to be prevented now, not later. You are also allowed to overload your guide with questions on multipitch climbing and specific route you two arranged for the day. Any lack of information from both sides can lead into a climbing catastrophe.
- It is a guide's job to lead all the pitches for you, but in case you are familiar with leading a multipitch it is also possible to change in leading. It's an option your guide will decide about at the face of the place, after you provide him a necessary data.
- Even if you are a skilled multipitch climber, a problem might be an orientation. There are so many routes in Anića Kuk, it's easy to mistaken your route for another one just following the bolts and not perceiving the point they crossed.
17:00 - Descending
- Descent from the top of all routes in Anića Kuk is one hour hike. There is no need for rapelling. Hike is not hard, but it is also not an easy, relaxed walk.
- Watch your step and follow your guide's instructions until you both reach the safe base of a crag.
19.00 - Chillin'
- Once you got back at the bottom of a canyon, it's time to finally relax. Spending a whole day in absolute focus on your every move, the feeling will be quite out-of-place. Sudden need to relieve might occur.
- A cold drink and relaxing is a medicament ADV strongly advises to settle the emotions at the end of your big-wall adventure.
- After an exciting climbing day, you can lay back with your instructor and share your impressions with him.
- National park Fee
- Climbing Gear
- Climbing Guide
- Video and photos
- One-on-one Approach
- Cold Dish Picnic
- Surprise gift
- On demand pickup from your Hotel
- Enough Food & Water
- Sporting Clothes
- Hiking Shoes
- Sun creme